Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 7 Raw

I decided to start this blog to document my progress (and failures) during my raw food "trial" - that is, eating raw food (as close to 100% as I can muster) until I reach my goal weight of 120 lbs. This is Day Seven for me.

I am not going to record publically how much I weigh right now, as I don't want to broadcast that number and keep looking at/thinking about it (ugh!), and I would much rather simply focus on my goal weight number. I will not be weighing myself every day, as that seems to demotivate me (ie, "Look, I'm down two pounds today!" and then the next day, "Oh, &@#*, I've gained 3 lbs since yesterday! AHHHHHH! Screw this, I'm going to eat some pizza!"), although I will be weighing myself at least once a week to get a reference. (For those of you following me as I lose the weight, it won't be hard to figure out as I will be recording how much I LOSE over time... so you'll get a chance to do the math if you're so inclined. ;) )

For instance, on average as of this morning, it appears that I lost about 4.5 - 5 lbs since starting all raw last Monday. This is pretty exciting for me, mainly because it feels like I'm seriously pigging out endlessly, and I haven't even't started an exercise regime yet (although I went to a dry sauna twice during this time and sweated out my worries for about an hour each time). I keep getting concerned that I'm eating too many avocados and raw nuts, but...I still somehow lost weight overall. Yahoo!

(A side note: I have not been able to lose that amount of weight on any other diet anymore for years...including low carb/high fat, low carb/low fat, no carb, low calorie, SUPER low calorie (as in under 800-900 calories a day), low fat, exercising like hell, protein shakes, diet pills, blah blah blah...you name it, I've probably tried it!!!!)

My husband is also doing this with me, which helps us both out (and gives us less of a temptation to go flying off of the diet), although our 4 (almost five) year old son is still eating "normal" food that we have to prepare (we have a 7 month old too, but we are easily not "tempted" by baby food or formula, LOL).

Every now and then, I think about having some cheese or something (if there was anything in this world that will always be my downfall, it's CHEESE), but overall, I have to say that after the first couple of days, I do not have much cravings. We are not drinking anything except water from our reverse osmosis faucet (unless I add lemon or something), so we are off of caffeine and any other stimulants. This should go without saying, but we are also not consuming any alcohol, either.

This first week wasn't so bad, although I had a couple of days where I felt super weak and lethargic. That has passed for the most part, although I get pretty wore out by the end of the day, and I seriously feel like I can sleep 12-14 hours a day (I got about 9-10 hours of sleep last night and felt like I could just keep on sleeping).

I have not felt the "bursts of energy" that many prononents tout, but I am doing okay for now...and plus, I'm only just beginning.

My birthday (turning 33 - whee!) is on July 14, and I want to be pretty darn close to 120 at that point. Hubs and I are agreeing to go all raw for a couple of weeks, and then we may consider a juice fast for 15-30 days to expedite the weight loss progress, as well as to more thoroughly cleanse our systems. (After that, we'll resume the all raw diet again until we hit our goal weights, and at that point, we'll decide whether we want to stay raw, or switch to vegan, etc.) I'm actually looking forward to the juice cleanse, as I hear people have tons of energy and lots of mental clarity - something I REALLY, really desire. Plus, the weight loss is enticing, too. ;)

Overall, I keep picturing myself weighing 120 lbs. I was a size 4 at that weight, so I'm checking out all the cute size 4 outfits that I see and trying to visualize myself in them. I'm going to look so cute...aww....! ;) I'm also super excited about being slim and healthy and full of energy...so when winter rolls around, I'll be skiing my butt off...and I'll be hiking and camping and running around with my boys (and actually keeping up with them) the rest of the time with limitless outdoor activities. It's awesome!

The last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I was really motivated, but I stopped at a certain point (about a size 8), and then maintained that for a while. Over time...you guessed it...I started gaining more weight. I thought I could picture myself becoming smaller, but I never truly visualized it...and never saw it as already MINE. Now, I am. Don't ask me what has changed on this level, but I know that if I persist at this, it's only a few short months before I'm there. That's it. There's only a few months standing in the way of my perfect size. That's nothing!

So, there you have it. I will be 120 by July 14, 2010. I'm broadcasting this now, so that there's no going back. I'll either meet my goal, or look really dumb - either way, I'll either be there, or be much closer than where I'm at right now.

Win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment