Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day Nine

So far, I haven't died yet on this diet (although many opposed to it claimed that I would - ha!), although today I believe I am experiencing more detox symptoms. I went to the dry sauna this afternoon, and it did the opposite of what it normally does - it ran me down, made me unfocused and weak, with some general flu-like "achiness" all over. I am feeling this to the point that I can barely type this and can hardly stand for more than a few minutes at a time. In addition, I am feeling shaky and trembling quite a bit. A nap only exacerbated these symptoms, although all I feel like doing is laying around in bed. YUCK.

Hopefully, these symptoms will get a little better tomorrow. I think I was already having a more intensive detox day, and that sauna just took my body over the edge...although, I kind of feel that this is OK. The more I can get through and trudge through the yucky days, the closer I know I am getting to cleansing my body and becoming more whole - transforming my body into a newer, healthier me.

Speaking of transformations, I noted this morning that I have officially lost 6 lbs. 6 lbs in 8 days - that's pretty awesome! After that weigh-in, my body decided to purge a big bunch of stuff to the porcelain god, but I didn't weigh myself again. I decided that I'll weigh myself in another couple of days (maybe even a week), and I'm betting that my weight loss will continue in a positive direction DOWNwards. ;)

Some weird symptoms - I noticed that my right eyelid was twitching today...kind of throbbing and pulsing with each heartbeat or something (it actually feels like a miniature heart beating in my eyelid...ha!). I haven't felt that in a long time, but I remember feeling it often as a kid.

Another strange side effect I've noticed is the incredibly vivid and emotional dreams I've been having since going raw. I know people call this "emotional detox"...but...wow. I don't remember any others, but one of them involved me being trapped by "bad" people, and I somehow was able to escape by killing/stabbing one of the bad guys while in captivity. The rest of them tried to chase me while I ran like hell, and they nearly caught up to me...but I somehow caught a breeze and the wind literally picked me up and carried me far away.

When I landed, my name and face were all over the newspapers, with a detailed article about how I had murdered someone and there was a warrant for my arrest.

In the dream, I was hysterical because all I could think of was getting alienated from my children if I got locked away forever...and no one seemed to care that I had killed someone in self defense - I was assumed to have had sort of malicious intent. The papers called the "bad" guy I killed "innocent", and me....

GUILTY.

I awoke in a panic about my children. Other dreams (don't remember details) involve a lot of arguing, shouting and yelling at people - lots of anger and frustration...and I generally get very emotional and upset in these dreams. Hmmm...lots of emotional detox going on there, methinks.

Veddy interestink.

One other interesting thing is that we finally tried a young thai coconut for the first time (we live waaaay out in the country, but when I commute to work a couple days a week, there's a Kroger I found on the way that carries them). All I have to say about them, is WOW. Hubs took the meat and the milk and a couple of ice cubes (from our reverse osmosis water) and blended them up. It tasted soooo fantastic - it truly tasted like a frothy, rich (even sweet) milkshake all on its own. He said next time he'll maybe add some cinnamon and nutmeg (we are using spices on this diet, although some raw foodists don't), so I'm looking forward to that! Needless to say, I'll definitely be picking up more of those from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment