Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 14 - Day Before 30 Day Juice Fast

I can't believe I've hit the two week mark. Total weight loss this past week was a disappointing 1 lb. Total so far lost is 7 lb. I have this crazy feeling that me feeling so awful the past WEEK (UGH!) had something to do with the lack of weight loss. I'm guessing this is part of the detox, and p'raps my body was working through something pretty bad (in order for me to feel so HORRIBLE for so long).

Yesterday, I felt pretty bad, but I was able to get up, go out, and do some things. Today, I feel much better. Not perfect (still needed a substantial nap), but a long ways from what I was feeling a couple of days ago. All through that time, I literally moved from my bed to our couch and back to my bed again because I was in such pain and feeling so awful. I don't know if the rest helped or hurt me, but I don't think I had a choice, as even walking was out of the question (would get dizzy and almost pass out). I am amazed at this fatigue, as I still feel it today, even though I'm starting to feel better. It's unbelievable, and NOT in a good way.

My anger has left me, and I'm not feeling particularly moody anymore. Hope that whole emotional detox stuff is over for now, because that made a lot of stuff unbearable, too. This diet is NOT for the faint of heart!

After all I went through this past week, I am VERY disappointed in what the scale is showing me. 1 lb of weight loss for all of THAT? Some days I hardly ate at all - quite simply because I felt so terrible, but the scale wouldn't budge. No cheating, or nothing. All raw. Grrrrr!

We got the Vita-Mix from my mom (borrowing it - thanks, Mom!), and we are starting the 30 day juice fast tomorrow. I am hoping beyond hope that my mood swings won't return - I'm not used to that at all, and it's incredibly draining, even physcially. Anyhow, back to the Vita-Mix...that thing looks like a darn monster and we are a bit clueless how to mess with it. Thankfully, Mom gave me the instruction booklet, so hopefully we'll figure it out. I've heard it won't juice effectively (it doesn't remove the pulp, anyhow) and you have to strain all juices through either a nut milk bag or some form of painter's cloth or something. I have no idea where we would get a nut milk bag (we live 45-60 miles away from anything beyond a Wal-Mart - we have an "herb" store, but it's surpremely tiny tiny tiny tiny!), so we're going to try and find a painter's cloth thingy from our local hardware store - probably first thing tomorrow morning, since they're closed today for Easter.

I've been super-bummed about the whole weight loss thing, since I was really hoping to have lost about 10 lbs or more by now. Maybe that's really unrealistic (I don't think so, though - hubs lost 11-12 lbs already!!), but the one lb weight loss really took the wind out of my sails, especially after the utter hell I went through this past week. I've heard of other people going through that and then suddenly losing weight again (as in, several lbs of weight)...and then feeling lots of better. That didn't happen for me. Even after long sauna sessions where I would sweat and sweat and sweat! My body is incredibly stubborn and VERY reluctant to let go of ANY fat of any form. This is true for me on ANY diet I go on, however, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I guess I thought raw food would be different, especially since I lost 6 lbs so fast in the beginning.

I know I should be thankful to have lost anything at all, so I need to just focus on my goal and quit whining. 120 lbs by my birthday, 120 lbs by my birthday, 120 lbs by my birthday....

No comments:

Post a Comment