Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 18 Raw Food/Day 4 Juice Fast

Still waiting for that "clarity" of mind and bursts of energy, as I'm totally not feeling either (opposite, actually). I feel spacey and foggy of mind, and my energy levels are non-existent, although I force myself to keep plugging along. Still, I am able to "function" and work, etc...I just have to double check myself to ensure I don't screw stuff up. I hope I don't get worse, because I will seriously have to get off of the fast...I can't afford to mess up my job. It's like my IQ has dropped 50 points and the juice is turning me a little mentally retarded. Seriously. At the end of the day, it's hard for me to communicate complete sentences correctly and coherently. It's bizarre. My tongue even feels exhausted to the point that it can't formulate the words precisely - I even caught myself slurring and physically having difficulty talking.

We're juicing every veggie and fruit imaginable, so it's not like we're not getting a variety...we rotate them around and probably drink 50% fruit juice and 50% veggie juice. We're not cheating, either...so I don't know why I'm soooooo foggy and getting so incompetent. Hubs is NOT having the same reaction, although he confessed that he feels a little run down.

I have lost 2 lbs so far on the juice fast, and this is Day Four. Not sure how to feel about this, but I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed...for some reason, I had it stuck in my head that I would potentially drop about a 1 lb or more a day for the first week or so. No pound loss from yesterday to today was also shocking, as I made a point to walk a lot (in vain attempts to clear my foggy head and mind), keep on my feet all day, etc. to the point of literally falling into my bed at around 9 pm and dozing off.

I generally sip juices all day, and it's my guess that I'm drinking around a gallon or more of juices (although I might be totally off, there? Hard to tell?). I'm not all that "hungry" in the conventional sense of the term, but there's this yawning yearning for something more substantial on my stomach. Not sure if that will go away. I find myself so spacey that I'll absent-mindedly reach for food (raw food, like a banana or something) and nearly take a bite; I'll stop myself just in time to remind my poor body that I cannot have it.

Hubs is dropping a LOT of weight fast (I think he lost 7-8 lbs already), and he hasn't been NEARLY as active as I have been since the start of this fast, so I'm pretty frustrated at that. It simply doesn't seem fair in the slightest that I'm going through the worst symptoms, feeling super crappy, can't focus well, can't lose weight very well, etc....yet I'm working the hardest to lose it...and HE gets the benefit of insta-weightloss. Arrrrgh.

Still going through some emotional detox, as evidenced in a really horrible and emotional dream last night. I won't go into details here, as I know what the dream was referencing...but it was reeeealy awful, and I awoke in tears and feeling just emotionally terrible/torn-up about it. Wish that stuff would stop already. Thankfully, I'm not in the ANGER-CLENCHED-TEETH-BURNING-RAGE mode anymore, so maybe that part has passed, at least. LOL!

Hope this all gets better sooner rather than later! Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment