Friday, April 23, 2010

Day, um...something like...33 Raw?

Okay, I have to 'fess up. I was bad for two days and ate cooked foods. I'm not going to say that I just went all hog wild and loaded up on cakes and cookies, but one day I ate a veggie Subway sandwich because I felt so crappy...(and then ate a small cheese sandwich later that evening just 'cause...!) and the next day, I gave in to eating Mexican food (cheese enchiladas, beans and rice) for lunch. Hubs only cheated for a day, but he ate meat on that day (and a Subway sandwich, too).

Bad, bad, bad!!

I could beat myself up over this, or I can move on and go right back to raw (which I did, today).

I was at an all time low (and very dehydrated at that point...but who cares, I'm counting it! LOL!!) earlier this week with a total of 15 lbs weight loss. As of this morning, after my processed food binge, I went back to a total of 10 lbs of weight loss (gained 5 lbs in 2-3 days, which is pretty astonishing). I'm guessing that my body is so loaded with sodium and crud, that I'm retaining some water. I was chugging water like it was going out of style over the past few days, but it's not coming back out very much. So...who knows. I'll just weigh myself next week, and hopefully my body will have recovered from the horrors I just exposed it to. LOL! I'm going to guess that my 30 day average of weight loss was around 11-12 lbs or so. Not too bad, but not earth-shattering, either. Half of that weight I lost in the first week.

So how did I feel after eating cooked foods for a coule days? The Subway sandwich felt great, at first. Then I started feeling sick, like my stomach was overloaded and heavy.

The next day, when I ate the cheese enchiladas and their friends, Mr. Beans and Ms. Rice, I felt horribly over-full and awful afterwards. I didn't eat that morning, and I didn't eat after that lunch until later that night, in which I ate fresh fruit. I feel better today, although my body is telling me to eat bread and cheese again...no...no...no!

Some people talk about eating cooked foods and them tasting "dead" and such after being on a raw food diet. Um, not my experience...just being honest, here. It all tasted completely amazing! It was like the flavors just exploded in my mouth, unfortunately. It was the sick feelings afterwards that got to me, though.

So, in a nutshell...technically I'm back on raw and technically only about day 31 if you don't count those other two days. Whatever...I guess I shouldn't be so nit-picky, and just get back up on the horse. I have to say, I've been awfully good on this diet up until this point, so I'll just refrain from beating myself up.

I just wish that I felt better eating raw. I mean, I KINDA do...but I still have yet to feel the energy bursts and all that rot. I'm tired ALL the time, and even after 8-9 hours of sleep, my body wants to take 2 hour naps, which I simply don't have time for. I guess that's all detox (and now I've royally screwed that up with my little 2-day binge), but sheesh...I was hoping to feel better after a month. I would say about 80-90% of the time, I've felt like CRAP on this diet thus far. Not good. I honestly think this attributed to my little cooked food outburst/rebellion.

In looking at this blog, I hope anyone reading this isn't deterred from going on a mostly raw or high raw/all raw food lifestyle. I know what I am posting is mostly negative, but I'm basically just venting. What I believe is causing all my symptoms is simply detox...and they apparently are pretty classic - just NOT easy. The only thing that's NOT classic is my slow weight loss, even on the juice fast. I still get a little pissed off when I think about it (see previous posts on it), since I went through sooo much only to lose sooooo little on it...LOL!

The emotional detox has slowed down. The days I was on cooked foods, I was almost euphoric - hate to say it - even with my stomach feeling all icky and all. I'm kind of dreading these next few days as I undergo more detox to get my body restarted on this.

I am also hating to say this, but apparently raw food doesn't get weight off of me quickly. At all. Regardless of whether I exercise, sweat my butt off in saunas, etc. I am dubious as to whether or not I'll meet my goal of 120 lbs by my birthday (July 14), since I've got a loooong way to go. Let's just say, at the rate I'm going (12 lbs month or less), I will definitely not be meeting my goals, which is completely disappointing, to say the least. Right now, I'm averaging 1-2 lbs of weight loss a week (before my binge). Before starting this, I was all pumped up and excited to read about people who lost 1/2 lb a day going all raw, and feeling fantastic. There again, I read about people on the juice fast losing 1-3 lbs a DAY at the onslaught of it, too...and again, feeling great.

Nope, not me, though!

There again, I will be much lighter than I WAS, even if I don't hit my goals, so perhaps I can console myself. I just reeeeeeeeeeally, reeeeeeeally wanted to be there @ 120 lbs for my birthday. :(

At any rate, I'm back on the diet, full-force. I guess we'll see where it takes me next?

On an update about my son (turning 5 tomorrow!), the cultures on his urine came back negative for bacteria. No UTIs. No excess calcium in his urine...nor creatine, either. We're all stumped. All other tests came back negative (as in, he doesn't have anything unusual going on). He doesn't hurt anymore, and is acting all normal...so...? The doctor is still sticking with the kidney stone theory, even though the renal ultrasounds all came back clear.

We are all hoping that it was a weird fluke, even if it WAS a kidney stone, and we're watching him really closely (obviously).

That's it for now...'till next time! Perhaps I can post again soon and talk about how awesome I'm feeling, and how I am STAYING on the diet and not straying - LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment