Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Being Bad

I've been on and off "bad" the past couple of weeks...sometimes being good and sticking to raw 100%, and then sometimes flying off of it. I think once I started eating cooked foods, it started to really mess with me.

I weighed myself today, and I'm still down 11 lbs total, which is shocking, since I thought I would have gained more than I did.

Hubs and I both have been "bad" (even indulging in cocktails/wine here and there...we had pizze one night, and Mexican food again on another...ooooh, naughty), but we're trying to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and start anew. I think we both got "bored" with raw food or something...and once we cheated on the diet here and there, it quickly started to escalate into more and more cheats. I guess the rule of thumb for us for now is...NO CHEATING on this diet for now.

I almost thought I could add a little cooked food with our raw regime, but that seems to trigger me into eating/craving MORE cooked food. Wish this was easier, but...well, it's not. LOL!

I am disappointed in a lot of things...including myself...since I figured by this point, I'd be down a LOT more weight than I am. STILL...all is not lost, and 11 lbs of weight loss is still significant. I just need to lose more. A LOT more. I have to get back to it.

I was doing good earlier last week in exercising...so I definitely need to pick that back up (this may be why I didn't really gain much). My mom has an in-ground pool that will be opened up again (they have a custom cover for it for fall/winter), and I will be hopefully swimming in it every day that I can, which should help immensely on the exercising front. I'm currently using the treadmill, but it's simply not that enjoyable...I LOVE swimming and exercising in the pool (we have weight-like things and stuff to "run" in the water, etc...gives a really great workout, and I looooove every minute of it).

I'm thinking about revamping my whole weight loss goals, since I only have 72 more days or something like that. Even if I lose an aggressive .5 lbs a day, that's 36 lbs. I need to lose more than that to hit 120 lbs...aaaaargh. I don't need to lose 1 lb a day or anything like that, but still...I guess if I am within 10 lbs of 120, then I should be happy.

Then maybe I could hit my goal weight by end of summer. That's still not unreasonable, but I still have a lot of work to do to get there. :) Oh well...have to stay positive, and focus on being HEALTHY (especially after these cooked binges).

Hubs and I started a juice fast today, but I think I may modify it to juicing 2 out of 3 meals each day. (Or, basically, having 1 meal raw and drinking raw juice the remainder of the time.) I think this would be more doable for me...I'd probably lose weight faster than being regular raw, but my detox symptoms won't be as severe as it was last time. (Don't think I can handle that again...not now, anyhow.) I also think I could stay on this regime indefinitely, be able to work out, feel better, etc. There may be days where I'm busy, and I just do the juice only...we'll just see.

...

Ahhh...I just finished an avocado salad...we drank only juice (honeydew...omg, fantastic) early today. I think I can do this regime much easier than a flat-out juice fast.

Till next time! I'll try to update with a weigh-in every couple of days, just to see what kind of progress I'm having.

No comments:

Post a Comment