Monday, May 10, 2010

On and on....

I've had a few slip-ups, but we're getting back to raw. As a matter of fact, after reading Nettie's stuff on her juice fast, I'm actually inspired to try to juice fast again! Hubs and I are seriously considering it next week, provided that we start and STICK with 100% raw for this week.

My weigh-in? I lost about 1 lb. Blech...oh well, though...at least the scale is starting to move downwards again. Better than going UP, so I am feeling thankful (especially since I've been on and off again with raw).

One bad thing I did today was drinking some coffee. I don't drink caffeine lately, as a general rule, but the past couple of weeks, I've probably drank a caffeinated beverage about 1-2 times a week. Gotta stop that. I get the initial rush that I desire, but it really exhausts me afterwards (sometimes to the point of needing a nap). SO not worth it!

How on earth did I manage drinking so much caffeine every day on my old way of eating? I used to be such a Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper hound...then I switched to coffee, which is a lot cheaper and you can get a lot more caffeine in one sitting...LOL. And I didn't just drink 1 a day...if we had cokes laying around the house, my husband and I would down a 12 pack within 2-3 days...and that's if we were being conservative! When we switched to coffee, we probably had a 3/4 to a pot EACH throughout the day. My poor adrenals!

Nothing much more to update, but I'm getting back into the swing of things. I have a really busy 2 weeks ahead of me, so I'm hoping that I'll be so distracted that I won't be tempted to be "bad" again. I don't know why, but it was so much easier starting on raw at the beginning...cooked foods didn't tempt me in the slightest...and then once I ate a little cooked food, I went on a weird roller coaster. Go back on raw for a few days, and then "cheat" Go back on raw, and then "cheat" again. Go back on raw...well, you get the picture. ;) I know I can do SO much better than that. My metabolism is probably so confused right now...LOL! I need to get it revving again, instead of constantly trying to get the cooked gunk out of me.

I have a little over two more months, and it's looking pretty dismal as to meeting my goals...but I'll try, anyhow. I put on a pair of pants that I didn't think I could fit into, so I've gone down a pant size, anyhow. Not HUGE progress, but progress, nonetheless. :)

Progress, not perfection. Progress, not perfection. Progress, not perfection....

SIGH!

I'm going to weigh in another few days, and there better be some more downwards stuff, scale-wise. :D I'm going to try and avoid hissy fits over it, too. :) I'm scared about going through massive emotional detox again, though. Uuuuugh.

Gotta go slurp down some juicy honeydew! Mmmm. Maybe munch on some coconut meat and have some coconut juice. (Just the plain kind - not the young thai ones.) Speaking of regular coconuts, they are super cheap at our local supermarket ($0.88 each!)...but I can't find a whole lot of info on it, raw-wise (I only read about the young ones...I doubt these are young?). They're still raw and satisfying, though...so I guess I'll keep on eating 'em unless I read otherwise that I shouldn't.

Aw, well...I'll be picking up some young thai coconuts in a couple of days, when I go in to the office. (I work from home part time, and commute a day or two a week when I can...although I wish I didn't have to work at all, I am very blessed to be able to have a job that allows this!) I joke to hubs about "...Goin' to TOWN!" (have to say that with the hickiest accent possible) when I go in to the office, because we live so faaaar out in the middle of nowhere. I'm currently commuting about 1.5 hours each way, although our office is moving a little closer to home (cutting my commute to about 45 minutes to an hour each way...WAY better) next month.

Still, you can't beat the country. I own about 4 acres myself (where my house is on), about 1/2 of it heavily wooded, and my family owns the surrounding 45 acres around it, so it's pretty secluded. My son loves being able to toss perishables to the wildlife outside, in the trees (banana peels, rinds, etc....)...and they ALWAYS magically disappear by the next day. I imagine the animals are getting all kinds of good nutrients from this stuff, too! :D We have raccoons, possums, wild turkeys, road runners, deer, wild pigs, foxes, small bobcat-like cats (seen them from a distance at twilight...kinda scary), tons of wild kitty cats, wild dogs, and all kinds of little critters (squirrels, etc.) that run amok the property, so there's no telling what gets eaten by whom (and who eats who...LOL!) at night.

That being said, I don't have an excuse as to why I am not growing my own garden, composting, etc. except sheer laziness. I really need to start, though - it'll be the healthiest way to stay raw, and it will probably (in the long run) cut quite a bit of grocery cost down for us! My parents and sister already started getting a head start on theirs...I need to catch up. LOL! Plus, I imagine it would help me stay motivated...not to mention the sheer satisfaction of growing some of my own food (and knowing exactly where it comes from).

OK, I'm rambling, so it's time to close for today before everyone starts complaining of keyboard imprints on their foreheads (from falling asleep of boredom in reading these entries). :D

No comments:

Post a Comment